Sunday 23 January 2011

The January Super Crop Review.


I know it is a little late but I promise you it's well worth the wait!

First of all a big thank you to all the ladies who came along and made the day the outstanding success it was. Friends old and new who spent a fantastic day chatting, crafting, eating cupcakes and most of all laughing. We missed the friends who couldn't make it and look forward to seeing you at a crop very soon.

So what did we do - well to say it was a busy day was an understatement. For a slow scrapper like me (what has happened I used to be able to crank out the pages) I managed to get 4 projects completed and almost finish a 5th.

The first project we all tackled was a make and take. It was a waterfall book and had a journalling card that when pulled 'magically' turned the pages. Inside was space for 7 photos.


Next up was the card class. I would not call myself a card maker but I was really pleased with the design of this card and loved all the variations that you ladies made. Although it is satisfying to design a project I find it even more satisfying when someone takes that project and runs with it to the next level and you ladies certainly did that.


Then it was time for Karen C's packaging class. In this one we made a fabulous box, just waiting to be filled with chocolates I think, a gorgeous bag and two absolutely beautiful tags.


This is Sandie's box as her one was much better than mine!



Finally, we had a lo class from Debbie Jewell - I cannot begin to describe how beautiful and sparkly the papers were. This class involved handcutting the filigree pattern on the paper and then lots of layering of different papers.


The result was again stunning. This one again is Sandie's one which shows how beautiful the class looks with black and white photos


and then my one showing that it works just as well with coloured ones.

Our next crop is on February 5th and we have a couple of places available so if you would like to join us please email us at eclectickeepsakes@btinternet.com.

We look forward to seeing you lovely ladies soon and a big thank you to Sandie for letting me put her projects onto the blog.

Karen M

No comments:

Post a Comment